Welcome to our November Notebook. As the weeks of 2020 march on it’s proving to be a very challenging year for small businesses. As we want to help however we can we’ve started a new “How To” series – tips and advice on how to shoot a shopfront, launch a podcast and create click-worthy newsletters. Coming soon in this series How to grow your Instagram followers.
As 2020 draws to a close we wonder What is the Future of Retail? We have gotten some amazing feedback and comments which we’ll be sharing with you soon. We’d love to hear all your thoughts and comments.
And this week we are closing our nominations for Best Shops 2020 campaign so share the love and vote for all your favorite shops BEST SHOPS 2020
- Architectural Digest’s guide to Loveliest North East Road Trips includes on of our favorite shops, White Flower Farmhouse.
- As the weather cools in New York and we’re entering the busiest shopping season of the year we’re thrilled to learn of NYC “Open Storefront” initiative.
- The holiday market and ice skating rink, both with new social distancing rules, opened in Bryant Park this weekend.
- Brilliant Wooden Sleepers vintage LL Bean pop-up at Todd Snyder’s Liquor Store.
- We’ve started our new series “Shop Local with” – check out are first editions “Shop Local with @newyorknico and Shop Local with Suzy Chase.
- National Assignment, inspired by an idea of @newyorknico, matches students and small businesses with real life projects in marketing,
- October’s shopfront of the month is one for the bucket list. Check out this lovely vintage shop in Arles, France here.
- New shop alerts – from the creators of Cold Spring General Store, Home, Beauty & Wellness, is opening in Chappaqua mid-October. Chemical-free flower farm Euclid Farms has opened a pretty flower shop in Toronto. We’re excited for vintage straw and homewares shop Straw to reopen on London’s Columbia Road. The folks behind Phoenicia Flea have opened Mojave Flea Apothecary at The Shops at 1345 in Palm Springs. Beautiful Moroccan homewares lifestyle brand and café, So Marrakech, has opened in Altrincham. Wild & Rust, a plant and homewares shop with a focus on sustainability and wellbeing has opened in Henley.
- We love outdoor shopping and our hoping to see even more markets popping up! Read this New York Times’ article on the joys of shopping outdoors during a pandemic.
- Curbside pickup helps satisfy customers shopping desires. What could it mean for small shops?
- Join in our newest hashtag #localshopfronts and support all your local favorite shops.
- Vote for your favorite shops in our 2020 Best Shops campaign.